Friday, March 18, 2016

Robotics Walter


    Working in groups to build a Robot

     When working with my group in this robotics project we were divided into 2 groups, the design group and the programming group. I was part of the design group in which we had to design a "shell" for our robot to generally make it look like a robot. However in order to achieve this stage we had to build the robot. In a way building it was pretty difficult since we were the first group to start we had to manage to build it even when the directions were confusing at times. Once the robot was build my group member began to program it since our robot did not work right after it was built. When we got the programming stage we then reached another obstacle which meant having to rearrange certain wires on the robot to get it to actually move the way we wanted it too. 

     Since we have different ideas in my group each of us designed our own shell which we would then vote on later. First we had gone with the idea of creating a similar looking Wall-e. So using SketchUp I began to design my "box looking" shell which did not turn as expected it was challenging due to the fact that the measurements would have to be accurate if not exact to be printed in the 3D printer, additionally i had to make certain openings in the box to allow for the sensor to not be blocked and could be directed with the control.
My model of the shell
 Once I finished my shell it looked very simple and followed the way wall-e looks, however my partner did a much better job at creating a more detailed shell and thus his shell won.Overall building and being part of the programming as well as design portion of the project it was a long process and took a lot of focus and persistence but in the end my group and I were able to get the robot to do what we wanted. As well as i learned how to use measurements and wire up the robot correctly to get it to match the directions needed to succeed and getting the robot to move. 


My partner's model

No comments:

Post a Comment